Monday, March 3, 2008

Obama - Clarification

There are some people elsewhere on the net that seem to think my major issue with Obama is that he has a Muslim background. I would like to respond to that by saying it's only a small part of the big picture. Yes, the fact that Obama seemed to hide his Muslim background concerns me, but there are many other areas of concern when it comes to Obama's character.

Thus far, I have heard a lot of rhetoric, but not much in the way of solid plans to affect change. Yes, that can be said about many politicians. As a brief aside, that is why I liked Mark Warner when he ran for Governor of Virginia. He had a 40 to 50 page document that described his plans were he to be elected. I read that document and was impressed. Therefore, he got my vote. Right now, I'm not sure that any of the candidates have a well thought out plan of action like Mark Warner did. So, in that regard, they're all even.

The bottom line is that I am absolutely not an individual with the mentality to put all Muslim Americans in camps like the U.S. government did with other groups during World War II. Like I have previously indicated, being Muslim is not a crime. Muslim Americans should be treated with respect like any other U.S. citizen.

0 Write a comment!: