Saturday, March 15, 2008

Barack's Objections to His MInister's Sermons

Barack takes another hit as excerpts of his minister, Jeremiah Wright's, sermons hit youtube.com. Did Barack respond quickly to these now public broadcasts? Of course! Did Barack denounce his former minister's remarks? Sure.

My question to you is: Why wouldn't he quickly respond to and denounce his former minister's remarks? If he wants a shot at being president, he had no choice but to do that. Thus, that was a trick question as there is no reason why he wouldn't act quickly and denounce the remarks. Nevertheless, Jeremiah Wright was (allegedly) Barack's minister for 20 years! And this was no casual relationship. Reverend Wright did the marriage ceremony for Barack and Michelle. He also baptized both of Barack's daughters. And if that isn't enough evidence of a substantial relationship, Reverend Wright was also Barack's spiritual advisor until very recently.

Barack says that these sermon excerpts were "cherry picked." Yeah, right. I hear what other African American ministers say on TV. The remarks might not be quite as controversial, but many of them have the same sentiment. So, let me take this opportunity to remind you that Reverend Wright was Barack's minister for 20 years. Therefore, he and his family heard sermons similar to those excerpts available on youtube.com for 20 years! Were all of Reverend Wright's sermons anti-American, anti-Caucasian, or antisemitic? I'm certain they weren't. Nevertheless, even at only 12 sermons per year with controversial remarks like those circulating now, that would be 240 sermons over the past 20 years with such remarks. I wouldn't call 240 sermons "cherry picking". Thus, I think it is safe to say that, even if only subconsciously, Barack shares some of these views. That alone gives me enough reasonable doubt about his character not to vote for him.

As a closing remark, I would like to emphasize that I am not racist. I have an open mind towards people of all races, religions, and colors. I just do not agree with the mentality of people like Reverend Wright.

0 Write a comment!: