Friday, March 14, 2008

Barack - Look Before You Leap

I read this article on npr.org and thought to myself, "man, my next post is going to practically write itself." After having his name withdrawn from the ballots in MI, Barack is stating that "[Counting the primary results in MI and FL] wouldn't be fair — and do-overs in [Michigan] and in Florida wouldn't be realistic." As you might have read here, I agree with Barack's statement that do-overs would not be realistic. However, his whining because he hastily removed his name from the ballots in MI is like listening to a 5 year old cry out, "that's not fair!" Well, Barack, maybe next time you won't make such hasty decisions. Though I am just a lowly U.S. citizen, I strongly feel that the primary results in MI and FL should count. After all, whose fault is it that Hillary's going to win those states by default? Yours, Mr Obama. Nevertheless, Barack is incessantly whining, "We were told that these contests would not count," he tells Steve Inskeep. "Sen. Clinton agreed. Our [he means 'my'] name was taken off the ballot in Michigan, and in Florida we did no campaigning. Now, if people think that that is a normal democratic way of running an election, then that's not the America that I know." You're right, Barack, it's not normal for someone, in a close race, to have their name removed from the ballot and not campaign as much as possible. Hillary campaigned in FL. So, again, that's your fault Mr. Obama. I suggest that you stop your whining and get busy with your campaign. If the DNC decides that FL and MI do count, you might lose anyway. However, at least you'd be able to say that you gave it your all.

0 Write a comment!: