Thursday, March 20, 2008

Michigan Re-Vote: Deal or No Deal?

I don't know about Michigan, but I say "no deal!" as long as re-vote is on the table. You already know my opinion on MI and FL holding their primaries early. Therefore, I feel that Hillary won in MI fair and square. The MI delegates should be awarded to her.

Barack has already stated that he does not want a re-vote in MI. Although my reasons for not wanting a re-vote differ from his, I agree on that. I don't understand why Hillary apparently wants a re-vote. Perhaps it is because awarding her the MI delegates is not on the table right now as far as the DNC is concerned. Hey, DNC! If you want to give MI and FL a slap on the wrist, do the honorable thing and award half the delegates to Hillary since she won, by default, in both states.

Stripping MI and FL of their delegates is a bit extreme considering the only thing they did wrong was hold their primaries a little early. If they had been caught red handed "fixing" the vote, I could understand that punishment. Come on DNC! Don't give a felony sentence for a misdemeanor crime! Get off your high horse and do the right thing!

This just in:

Obama campaign calls 50-50 split of Michigan delegates fair

Clinton rejects 50-50 delegate split

Need I comment on this? Of course Barack thinks a split is fair: 1) he's got a lead on Hillary and 2) he took his name off the ballot. On the other hand, I can certainly understand why Hillary doesn't go for the split. She already won in MI and FL by default. Like I said, I feel that the DNC needs to do the right thing and award Hillary (and only Hillary) 50% of the delegates from both MI and FL. That is fair.

0 Write a comment!: