Monday, June 16, 2008

On "The Audacity of the Democrats"

It figures that Rush "Windbag" Limbaugh would have been impressed with "The Audacity of the Democrats". It must be the pain killers. I left a comment on The Radio Patriot blog under Andrea's post on the topic. Then, I felt compelled to do a post of my own. I respect Andrea and we share many of the same views on various political topics. However, I'm not sure we share the same view here.

Honestly, I couldn't bring myself to read the whole 'The Audacity of the Democrats' post on American Thinker. However, what I did read was disturbing. Disturbing because I disagree with some of the points made and I am shocked that Rocco believes what he has written.

I agree that Barack Obama is bad news. He was completely media generated. Yes, I also agree that neither the media nor the Democratic party took his connections with the likes of William Ayers, Jeremiah Wright, MoveOn.org, and many other people and organizations seriously. Had the media dug into Wright's sermons and played them in heavy rotation 24/7, Barack wouldn't be the Democratic nominee today. If they had also dug deeper into his connections to a horde of questionable characters and displayed that information in heavy rotation 24/7, Barack wouldn't be the Democratic nominee today. That's what really pisses me off! I seek truth in my blog. I dug deep to find what I could on Barack Obama. And I found and posted information that the media should have broadcast relentlessly. They did a couple of blurbs and then buried the information. Meanwhile, they continued to broadcast the "Pied Piper" playing his beautiful song.

I don't think it's the Democratic party that has changed so dramatically in the past 8 years. That's not to say they haven't changed. However, I think that the problem is more deeply rooted than that. I think the problem is at the citizen level. There's so much apathy and hopelessness out there that when the 'Pied Piper' came playing his beautiful song, everyone was mesmerized. They had tunnel vision and only saw the good in what Barack Obama was saying and not the bad in his voting history, associations, etc. So, that answers the question as to why Bill Clinton was nearly impeached for getting a blowjob and Barack Obama became the Democratic nominee despite all the "dirt" available on him.

What is NOT explained though is why GWB has not been impeached for doing things that are unconstitutional (also see this article). Heck with the treatment of POWs. I could care less. I'm talking about murdering 4000+ U.S. citizens by forcing them to go to war with a nation that was not an imminent danger to us. I'm talking about illegal wiretapping. Rocco says that the Democratic party has become Communists. I say that the GWB administration has become a fascist regime (see recent remarks of MSNBC host Keith Olbermann)! This administration is no better than Francisco Franco was for Spain from 1936 to 1975. It's absolutely unbelievable to me that President Clinton was nearly impeached for getting a blowjob yet we have not impeached GWB for the atrocious things that he has done. I'm ashamed to say that I think my generation, Generation 13, is much to blame for GWB still being President. Many of us are just too apathetic to take a stand.

I voted for Gore in 2000 and Kerry in 2004. So, you can't blame me for 8 years of GWB. Nor can you blame the Democratic party. What you can do is blame FL and the Supreme Court with the fact that he ever became President. In my opinion, all Rocco is doing is bringing back the fear of Communism. There's nothing more evil about Communism than Capitalism. In fact, Capitalism encourages greed. We don't need another "Cold War". It was never really a war anyway. I firmly believe that Russia was never as big of a threat as we made them out to be. I put that last part in bold because I'm not saying that Russia was not a threat. I'm saying that our fear of Communism greatly exaggerated that threat. In reality, I think that Russia was just as afraid of us. They saw what we did to Japan and said "Oh $#@%!!"

In closing, I don't equate Barack's nomination with the corruptness of the Democratic party. Yes, Al Gore was "cheated" out of the election in 2000. However, I don't think that this is the Democrats plotting to put an extreme "leftist" in office. I think the media was mesmerized by Barack's speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. Ever since, they've put this man on a pedestal and treated him like the next messiah. If it weren't for the media, Barack would not have had a snowball's chance in hell at becoming the Democratic nominee. In fact, he probably wouldn't even have run for president. Thus, Hillary would have easily won the nomination and kicked McCain's arse in the general election!

0 Write a comment!: