Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Barack wants Al Gore and Bill Clinton in his cabinet

If I were a sensationalist, I'd use "In a desperate move to secure his candidacy, Barack promises Al Gore and Bill Clinton cabinet positions" as a headline. A republican might use "Obama secures another 4 years for the Clinton/Gore administration". Since I am neither a sensationalist nor a republican, I'll say "Barack delivers another smack in the face to Hillary".

I won't deny that I thought Bill Clinton was a great president. I also won't deny that I voted for Al Gore in 2000. Nevertheless, you cannot tell me that Barack didn't announce this, in part, to ruffle Hillary's feathers. At this moment, I honestly cannot tell you whether this was a brilliant move on Obama's part or if this is the torpedo that will sink Barack's ship.

0 Write a comment!: